Is your video and music file collection growing out of control, making it impossible to find anything? Fight this problem with Media Catalog Studio, a handy software application for classifying and tracking media files. This database is capable of identifying media files on any storage devices - hard-drives, floppies, external drives, CDs and so on. The program supports MP3, WMA, MP4, MPC, APE, OGG, AAC, FLAC, WAV, AVI, MPEG, WMV, WavPack and Audio CD files and comes with a lot of great perks - duplicates finder, batch tag editor for MP3/WMA/OGG/AAC/APE/MP+/M4a/WV files, to name a few. The best thing about this database is that it allows users to enter all essential information about music file - track number, name of the music piece, name of the author, album, year of release, commentary, composer, mood, genre, rating and so on. Conveniently, all files stored in this database can be sorted out by artist, album, year, bitrate, frequency, genre, category, rating or any field/category. The search in the database can be conducted using multiple parameters, like file properties (name, size, etc), tag information or lyrics. Media Catalog Studio features internal tag reader and editor for MP3-tags (ID3v1, ID3v2 and Lyrics3 versions) and supports an option for storing pictures in addition to lyrics.
The program is intuitive, user-friendly and easy to learn. The great thing is that you can create playlists for WinAmp or Windows Media Player with a few mouse clicks. In addition to supporting CDDB, all data from the program can be exported to Excel; there also are a lot of other convenient options, like disk location tracker, or media file statistics feature.
The owners of large media file collections will appreciate this program's multiple visualization options, which help make sense of and find necessary media files quickly.
Here is the killer part about this program - it works with removable disks and CDs just as easily as with your hard-drive.
» version 5.9 - posted on 2008-03-24
[+] Added export to MS Excel.
[-] Fixed some bugs.
1. All copyrights to Media Catalog Studio are exclusively owned by the author: Alex Pavlenko.
2. Anyone may use Lite version of this software for FREE at home for private use with some limitations.
3. You can upgrade Media Catalog Studio to commercial PRO license. After registration all restrictions of Lite version will be removed. Once registered, you are granted a non-exclusive license to use Media Catalog Studio on one computer. With Personal License, you can use the program for non-commercial purposes in non-business, non commercial environment. That is, you only intend to use it at home for private use. To use the program in a business, academic, or government environment, you should purchase a Business License.
4. The registered Media Catalog Studio software may not be rented or leased.
5. The Media Catalog Studio FREE version may be freely distributed, with exceptions noted below, provided the distribution package is not modified. No person or company may charge a fee for the distribution of Media Catalog Studio without written permission from the copyright holder.
6. MEDIA CATALOG STUDIO IS DISTRIBUTED "AS IS". NO WARRANTY OF ANY KIND IS EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED. YOU USE IT AT YOUR OWN RISK. THE AUTHOR WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR DATA LOSS, DAMAGES, LOSS OF PROFITS OR ANY OTHER KIND OF LOSS WHILE USING OR MISUSING THIS SOFTWARE.
7. You may not use, copy, emulate, clone, rent, lease, sell, modify, decompile, disassemble, otherwise reverse engineer, or transfer the licensed program, or any subset of the licensed program, except as provided for in this agreement. Any such unauthorized use shall result in immediate and automatic termination of this license and may result in criminal and/or civil prosecution.
8. Author may change this license for any following version of the program.
9. All rights not expressly granted here are reserved by Alex Pavlenko.
10. Installing and using Media Catalog Studio signifies, that you understand and accept these terms and conditions of the license.
11. If you do not agree with the terms of this license you must remove Media Catalog Studio files from your storage devices and cease to use the product.